In ScienceDirect, Elsevier’s premier online platform of peer-reviewed literature, Professor Dr. Karsten Voss, Susanne Hendel, and Morits Stark focus on the energy engineering of experimental solar powered houses in the Solar Decathlon Europe.
Highlights of the article include:
- The Solar Decathlon Europe successfully tackles a triple challenge: design, build, operate.
- Competition houses demonstrate net energy positive buildings.
- All energy supply systems of the demonstration units are based on PV and air heat pumps.
- Houses with battery storage provide flexibility in building grid interaction.
- An Online knowledge platform provides building information and monitoring data.
- The competition format can be linked to building sciences.
ScienceDirect is a leading source for scientific, technical, and medical research. With an emphasis on the historical foundations of science, insightful research, and innovative thinking, ScienceDirect serves academic institutions, government organisations, and R&D units across different industries. To read the full article, please click on this link: