Meet the teams for the 2019 Solar Decathlon Latin America & Caribbean!
While the Solar Decathlon is beaming in different parts of the world, this magical intertropical American tree, Tabebuia rosea, promises the upcoming SD Latin America & Caribbean edition to be exceptionally brilliant. Congratulations to the fifteen selected teams for the upcoming SDLAC19, to be held in Cali, Colombia. The following teams will form the SDLAC19 ‘Villa Solar’:
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana de Cali (Colombia); Universidad Federal Santa Catarina (Brazil); Instituto Federal Santa Catarina (Brazil)
- SENA (Colombia)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Occidente (Mexico)
- Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (Peru)
- Universidad Santiago de Cali (Colombia)
- Universidad Arturo Prat (Chile)
- Universidad del Magdalena (Colombia)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad de la Salle (Colombia); Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe University (Germany)
- Federal University of Paraíba (Brazil)
- Universidad del Valle (Colombia)
- Universidad de Sevilla (Spain)
- Universidad de San Buenaventura (Colombia); Universidad Autónoma de Occidente (Colombia)
This second edition of the SD Latin America & Caribbean is an important milestone in the history of the international competition in energy-efficient, solar powered homes. Once again, the SDLAC19 is lead by the Valle del Cauca authorities through the INFIVALLE institute, which pursues the mandate of sustainable development in the region. Teams have been selected to design, build and operate grid-connected, solar-powered houses that embrace social concepts of clean-energy solutions and celebrate the ecological environment of Latin-American families. All this in the very specific conditions of the tropics! After its success in 2015, which welcomed 72.200 visitors to the solar village, the Solar Decathlon Latin America & Caribbean 2019 is set to present another exciting chapter in energy-balanced housing to the broadest public audience possible.
See you in Cali!